Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Table Tennis Balls and other Table Tennis topics.
• Top quality ball brands are provided in different quality levels determined by seam quality, roundness and consistency from one to the next.
• The three star balls is the highest quality level ball.
• The two star balls are next in quality.
• The one star is the lowest in quality in star graded balls
• Larger size balls were developed as an experiment in order to allow longer rallies and to make play somewhat easier for senior and novice players.
• Low quality balls have irregular seams. Competition balls are evenly constructed to allow a true flight and bounce.