Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Table Tennis Blades and other Table Tennis topics.
• The first step is to pick a table tennis blade based on your style of play. Luckily most will state the type of style on the package or face of the blade.
• Offensive blades generally are heavier and faster wood. These are ideal for those that want to finish the point with power.
• All-around blades are medium in weight and have more touch. This is the prefect choice for players that like to control the table and pick their openings.
• Defensive or slower blades are lighter and sometimes oversized (for greater hitting area) for play off the table.
• Once you have the style of play question answered you then need to choose the type of handle.
• The type of handle is totally a personal choice. Choices are: straight, flared, concave or anatomic. Penholders usually choose from Chinese or Japanese style. The handle should fit comfortably and feel balanced in your hand.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|