• Top quality ball brands are provided in different quality levels determined by seam quality, roundness and consistency from one to the next.
• The three star balls is the highest quality level ball.
• The two star balls are next in quality.
• The one star is the lowest in quality in star graded balls
• Larger size balls were developed as an experiment in order to allow longer rallies and to make play somewhat easier for senior and novice players.
• Low quality balls have irregular seams. Competition balls are evenly constructed to allow a true flight and bounce.